Re: [orca-list] Orca pronounces things differently in Firefox -no pronounciation rules added

OH, knew I forgot something.
I'm using gnome-speech with ttSynth. It could very well be ttSynth - I've heard it pronounce things strangely before.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie diggs gmail com>
To: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc mit edu>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca pronounces things differently in Firefox -no pronounciation rules added

That is indeed odd.
For me, in firefox, it comes out sounding like the equals has been
replaced with the string "eq", and the entire left hand side including
the equals is spelled:
"$ s t a c k e q u a l s" array("orange", "bannanna");

I've got the latest Orca from trunk, latest Firefox from trunk, and
tried your example both with Swift and eSpeak.  I'm seeing no
differences or odd behaviors.

What's your speech setup?

--Joanie