Re: [orca-list] orca not reading dialogs in fresh ubuntu 7.10

Greetings,
I'm still new to linux and orca myself, but it sounds like you're not running orca as super user when you eed to.  If you have to type "sudo" to get to an application, orca needs to be run as sudo as ell I think.  Try the following.

>>sudo su
>>orca --no-setup --disable main-window&
>> <command needing sudo I.E. synaptic>

And orca should be given the right privilages to comunicate with the dialog.

I hope this helps

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more