[orca-list] [orca-lst] problems after running sudo orca

Greetings all,
I'm not sure if this is an orca or a Ubuntu thing.
I noticed that after I restart orca following running it as super user, it has some odd speech problems.  Just to clearify I might go through something like the following scenario;

>> sudo su
<password>
>>orca --no-setup --disable main-window&
>>synaptic
>>exit
>>exit

Then I'd go to run and type "orca" again.

It's at this point that orca has its speech troubles.  It won't speek in the orca applications dialog (it won't read the quit or preferences buttons), it won't read the terminal etc.

It almost givs the impression that it's still being run at the super user level (I noticed as super user I can't read the command line either).  Does anyone know if this is normal behavior?  Or if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks
--Paul

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more