[orca-list] a new user with questions

Hello list.  As a new linux user I have a few questions:
1.  I am using fedora 8 with orca ver 2.23.03 and using svn to update the code each day.  How does one run
the "gtkdemo"
that is spoken in the test manual? I am dense or something, but it did not make sense!
2.  when using evolution: I am having to use the "flat reveiw mode", using the number pad.  How does one
select text,
activate links from e-mail etc?
3.  when in the upper pane, e.g. ctrl plus alt plus tab twice,  when I move around with tab, and flat review
commands,
orca gets stuck on the upper pane.  Any ideas?
4.  along with orca, does the gale and atspi tools have an svn source or must one download and compile each
time?
A little about myself:
I am a new linux user who has little compilation experience with code! I am a good but tired out windows "win
blows"
user who thinks that its time for a difference! I work in the assistive technology industry, and am tireing
out of only
one choice for a blind user! I so far have had help with a lot of things and have made good use of the
speakup modified
pages.
Thanks for all of your help and time.
sincerely
Eric Kosten
to speak with me privately:
write to ekosten gmail com and we can make arrangements for a phone chat.
I want to work at making linux work for myself and others that I know.