[orca-list] no speech with hardy installation

i have ubuntu hardy alpha 5 cd which i downloaded on friday.
i can get orca to run with the cd as live but i have to run orca when ubuntu has loaded and i have to log out and back in again to get the changes to take effect as well as chosing my synthesiser language etc but i can't seem to be able to do an accessible installl. from what i have read am i correct in thinking that i need to press f6 from the boot prompt for hardy instead of f5 which is why i feel i am making a lot of coasters with my cds and why unlike some i have not had much luck with a an install rather than it being the case of other blind people managing to test an installed hardy because they have a sighted partner around or a sighted family member around with knowledge of it which is something i don't have or have some limited vision themsvs or there braille display is useable for a hardy install unlike my braillenote which doesn't support usb connection as a braille display?