[orca-list] should I just start over with ubuntu 7.04?

Well the Orca problems in Ubuntu 7.10 keep popping up. Now Orca
refuses to speak. When it did, it was sluggish at best despite me
upgrading to firefox 3. beta releases. MP3 player problems, went
through 3 but the one that does work, again either works and orca
craps out or it doesn't and orca keeps running. I'm wondering if it
would be best to just start over with Ubuntu 7.04 and get someone
locally who has considerable building knowledge to help? I know open
source solutions don't come with out issues but with the problems I've
been having make it not worth while.

Mike