From: "Kenny Hitt" <kenny hittsjunk net>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:04 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Alsa and Gnome Speech

Hi.  This is a known problem with speech-dispatcher and oss apps.  When
speech-dispatcher
is running, you can use oss apps on single channel sound cards.  You can try
the aoss wrapper for your gnome-speech servers
and see if this helps.  The other solution is to disable speech-dispatcher
before you use gnome-speech drivers.  You can find out about using
aoss on live.gnome.org.Orca/

          Kenny