[orca-list] Ubuntu 7.10, Orca and the latest Firefox...

Hi all:

Here are the steps I took to try and get the latest version of firefox
working, no success. Off the top, I'm running a duel boot system with
XP Home and it's running fine.

1. used xp to locate and download the compressed tared/gzed file.
Saved it on my thumb drive.
2. Booted into Ubuntu and opened my usb disk on the desktop.
3. found the file and extracted it to a folder on my home folder
called firefox. Using the top pannel/places/home, I varified that my
firefox folder and contents is indeed where I wanted it.
4. Moving to the before mentioned firefox folder, I then pressed the
space bar on the firefox-bin file to run. Nothing. Perhaps this is the
wrong executable to start firefox? Please don't laugh, I am really new
to this. I played with Speakup and Redhat 7 some years ago and put it
down. Total experience with Ubuntu and Orca, about a week.
Thanks all:

Mike