[orca-list] developing orca

Hi,

If I want to work on orca (A bit of scripting and some general stuff...) What do I need to know? I would like to help fix bugs make open office, firefox, thunderbird, rythmbox and some other applications more accessible.
So would I just need to know how to script orca?

Also I want to look into support for "qt" applications.
Is this possible? Or am I dreaming...?

So what do I need to know? Just python? Are there any apis I should learn?
I have done some basic C and that is about all.
So if I need to know python does anyone know of a good book?

I am blind as well so I obviously need a book in an accessible format...

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/