Re: [orca-list] developing orca

Hi Daniel,

I'd like to suggest a slightly different way you can help.
We'd like to make sure that there is at least one GNOME
accessible application in areas like playing audio, ftp
transfer, bit-torrent client etc.

There are three Orca bugs open at the moment related
to this:

424524 enh Nor NEW
orca Script support for gftp.
424525 enh Nor NEW
orca Script support for gnome-blogger
424528 enh Nor NEW
orca Script support for gnucash.

We've also started Orca scripts for applications like rhythmbox and planner.

What would be extremely useful is for somebody to take these applications
for a drive and report on accessibility/usability problems. If you can file
bugs in GNOME Bugzilla (against product Orca initially) on the problems you
find, that would be even better.

At that point, we can evaluate what the problem is, and suggest ways that we
can fix it. Hopefully we can get the original application maintainers to fix
their bugs, but if not, we can (if possible) describe how we could work around
the problem using an Orca application script. At that point we can start helping
you learn how to write simple Orca python scripts.

Does that sound like something you'd be interested in helping with?

Thanks.