[orca-list] Ubuntu 7.04 probs

Hi all:

After trying both 7.1, wich didn't function after the initial boot
process. The result was choppy audio and a black screen. Then tried
7.04. The result was a clean boot up to the desktop but no audio what
so ever. My limited vision allowed me to see the boot process, cpying
of files on the screen and then lastly the desktop with it's 3 icons.
Can't see well enough to know what files are being loaded and what the
desktop icons are. Just no audio and no displayed Orca preferences
pannel. What should I try next?

Thanks all:
Mike