[orca-list] Ubuntu 8.04 and Orca probs....

Hi all:

I have just downloaded the Ubuntu Harty 8.04 live version to run on a
Compaq Presario Sempron Laptop. When I boot, here's what's going on.
A language screen is displayed with English hilighted. I press enter
to get back to the boot screen and press F-5 to get at the
accessibility options as instructed. I press 3, then enter, then enter
a 2ND time to begin the boot process. everything goes fine, my limited
vision allows me to see the graphic moving back and forth and the
slide bar on the bottom of the screen to indicate the processes.
Here's where it gets dicy. After a while, about 5 to 7 minutes, I hear
Orca announcing, "welcome to Orca" "loading preferences" "this may
take a while" the system then reboots and I'm then presented with a
log in screen. After the time to input any info expires, the system
reboots again. I'm not sure what to do to avoid the log in screen to
explore the desktop with orca or configure orca to my tastes.
HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!
TNX:
Mike