To: "Josh" <jkenn337 gmail com>; <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] vibuntu won't boot up the live cd

Hi Josh & All,
I downloaded both the 32 bit, and the 64 bit, as either should run on my
Averatec 2370, with an AMD 64 dual processor, & 2 GB of RAM.
I was running Ubuntu 7.1 on it, as a dual-boot system, and when my XP
crashed, I just bought a new drive and booted to my Ubuntu 7.1 and
partitioned the drive using Parted, and then copied my needed files for a
clean install of XP on the NTFS partition.
All that went okay, but I decided to put 8.10 on the new Linux partition,
and I burned the 32 bit version of Ubuntu 8.10 and tried booting, and it
started, and I got an error.
I originally thought I burned the disk incorrectly, or the ISO was bad, so I
downloaded again and burned again, and still no joy.
So that is when I tried the 64 bit version, and tried booting to that, and
didn't have any luck there either.  But after reading your message, I am
inclined to think there is something wrong with the ISO that gets
downloaded. With the 64 bit copy, I didn't even get to an error message.
I don't remember the message in the 32 bit version unfortunetly.
Glenn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh" <jkenn337 gmail com>