[orca-list] copying cd to music folder doesn't work

i am trying to copy music cds to my music folder so maybe they will show up easier in rhythmbox? i go to computer, audio cd, open the audio cd and see my files which are wav files. i select all from the menu, copy them from the menu and then try to go to my music directory. however i get a message about not being able to copy the file and when i look at the error message in more detail it states i can't open mount point or mounted directory so i can't copy my files. i even tried setting the permisions on the audio cd icon but i get an error message saying it can't tell the permisions of the folder. i get the same message in orca when i try selecting the files once inside the audio cd. the properties option sees no options for setting permisions so what am i doing wrong? i seem to be getting nowhere trying to copy my folders to my i-pod from either gtkpod or anything else including default rhythmbox.