[orca-list] transfering music to the i-pod with rhythmbox

i think i am going to have to give up on gtkpod for transfering files unless i can find out the model number for my i-pod. if i want to move files from a cd, how do i select the cd in rhythmbox? when i put a cd in, i don't hear orca announce any files or folders even though the cd spins so obviously i need to set something in order to be able to see the cd before i can copy any music across. i looked in the preferences and there seemed to be something about setting the directory for the library or something but i don't know if i was looking in the right place in order to view the files on my cd. can you just use nautilus to copy the files ie by going to computer icon, choose audio cd, select the files and paste them to the i-pod folder that way or won't that work?