Re: [orca-list] copying cd to music folder doesn't work

Hello, Michael,

Copying audio cd directly from folder won't work. You should use
applications like Sound Juicer to achieve this task.

Hope this helps.

Sergei.

mw> i am trying to copy music cds to my music folder so maybe they
mw> will show up easier in rhythmbox?  i go to computer, audio cd,
mw> open the audio cd and see my files which are wav files.  i select
mw> all from the menu, copy them from the menu and then try to go to
mw> my music directory.  however i get a message about not being able
mw> to copy the file and when i look at the error message in more
mw> detail it states i can't open mount point or mounted directory so
mw> i can't copy my files.  i even tried setting the permisions on the
mw> audio cd icon but i get an error message saying it can't tell the
mw> permisions of the folder.  i get the same message in orca when i
mw> try selecting the files once inside the audio cd.  the properties
mw> option sees no options for setting permisions so what am i doing
mw> wrong?  i seem to be getting nowhere trying to copy my folders to
mw> my i-pod from either gtkpod or anything else including default
mw> Orca-list mailing list Orca-list gnome org
mw> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/orca-list Visit
mw> http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca