[orca-list] problems converting og files

i have found that some of my cds need to have files converted for my i-pod. i downloaded audio extractor or sound juicer and it ripped a cd to my music drive. i have downloaded sound converter to change formats of sound files only i get an error message about mp3 encoder not being instaled. however i have downloaded probably every gstreamer pluggin i can find so why is orca reading this message and if this is a problem with the app what should i use for converting my files from my cd which has them in og format.