Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 3:56 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Cepstral Voices giving out

This is exactly what's happening, when I'm trying to edit things especially.

Terrence

Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:13 PM

Hi,

There is a bug somewhere in gnome speech related to Cepstral voices.  Here is the bug report:

Basically, for me it occurs most often when I'm moving by character using the cursor keys, but it can happen in other contexts. Generally, waiting for about 30 seconds, then pressing a cursor key will allow you to hear speech to start again.

If this isn't your problem, you'll need to supply more details about exactly what causes the problem to occur.

Good luck,

dave