Re: [orca-list] linux on a mac

I don't know if newer versions of Ubuntu are available por the ppc architecture, but you should be able to use Ubuntu 7:10 or 7:04 just fine.
Is Open Solaris available for Power PC?

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike" <kb8aey verizon net>
To: "orca" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 12:05 PM
Subject: [orca-list] linux on a mac

Hi, I got ahold of a older i-mac, I think it is a g 3. Does anyone know of a version of Linux that includes Orca that will run on this. I tried ubuntu, but it just will not boot the system. Fedora installed, but then I got no sound, and it only boots every third or forth time. I thought one of you may have tried other distros, so am asking about this here.
Thanks for any help, Mike.