Re: [orca-list] linux on a mac

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:05:00AM -0600, mike wrote:
Hi, I got ahold of a older i-mac, I think it is a g 3. Does anyone know of a version of Linux that includes
Orca that will run on this.
I tried ubuntu, but it just will not boot the system. Fedora installed, but then I got no sound, and it
only boots every third or forth time. I thought one of you may have tried other distros, so am asking about
this here.
Thanks for any help, Mike.

Hi Mike,

You will need a distro with a PPC architecture.  Fedora has a PPC
architecture, so does openSUSE.  I, of course, recommend openSUSE
:).  Here is a link to openSUSE 11.0:

http://software.opensuse.org/old/11.0

Be sure to select "PowerPC" or "PPC" for whatever distro you decide
to download (assuming you are downloading).

openSUSE 11.1 was just released last week and has some accessibility
related issues that are still getting fixed.

Thanks,
Brian G. Merrell