Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:33 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Run Vibuntu on USB with persistant storage!

Honnestly I don't understand: if people don't want to read about Vibuntu, just delete any messages with Vibuntu on the subject line. It just seems natural that if someone is starting a project which might be of interest for some of us, he posts information about it on the mailing lists where he thinks people are going to read about it. Come on, this is not any kind of spam, and I don't see any bad intentions behind it. So as long as there aren't thousands of Vibuntu information messages every day, why do we have to argue about it? If Anthony posts this information on one of the lists only, people who are on an other list and might be interested won't get it. I know this sounds stupid and obvious, but not everyone is subscribed to three, four or five mailing lists. Even from the point of view of an extremely experienced user, I wouldn't be able to understand why we need to hate Vibuntu so much. In the end it's an unaltered version of Ubuntu which incorporates some of the changes that we all do to a new Ubuntu install before using it. And wether I am very skilled or not, I preffer to disable the authomatic login in Vibuntu than to configure Orca to read all those apps etc etc. And if Anthony finally gets Vibuntu to ship with Alsa instead of PulseAudio, and Speech-Dispatcher, why would I waste my time in configuring it if there is a distribution that ships with it? I think we can all help Vibuntu to be whatever we need it to be, and I think it can be pretty useful to anyone. Just my opinion, as always... I find this comunity is really great, but sometimes it seems like we just can't get over the fact that some of us know more about Linux than others, and have different needs than others etc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Sales" <tony sales rncb ac uk>