Re: [orca-list] Cepstral Swift

Hi Terrence:

If the Cepstral "swift" application works without it saying something along the lines of "this voice doesn't have the needed license", then you should be all set with the licensing side.

If you run the "swift-synthesis-driver" by hand, do you get any errors? I'm wondering if maybe your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or ldconfig needs to be set up (see http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech).

Will

Terrence van Ettinger (AKA Angus MacLaren) wrote:
I think I may have brought this up sometime before, but I had given up
on it and had to send back the PDA it was on for repairs.  I'm trying to
make both Cepstral Amy & Cepstral Duncan work on Vibuntuu (I had tried
it originally with straight Ubuntu), but am not having any success.  I
was able to get Swift up and running just fine, and can make Swift talk
from the command line, but I can't seem to get gnome-speech-swift to
work.  When I do speech-test and select Swift, it says that the child
process did not give an error message.  Do I need to actually register
the voices before they'll even work with Gnome-Speech?  Or is there
something else I'm missing?  I'm doing some transcription and it'd be
great to have a different voice for this.

Thanks,
Terrence