Re: [orca-list] Run Vibuntu on USB with persistant storage!

To mount the iso image from the terminal use something like
sudo mount image.iso -o loop /media/mnt
then sudo cp -r /media/mnt/* /media/memory_stick
and then possibly sync and then unmount the stick. This won't copy the hidden .disk directory which I didn't put on the stick. But system booted correctly, changing orca preferences stuck during session and I was able to install packages with no problem. I was able to run ubiquity and install to an unused partition and after changing my original menu.lst the new system came up talking. Only problem was when I did a dist-upgrade I had to create an empty /boot/grub directory so 2.6.27-9 configure would complete. After changing original menu.lst the system booted with no problems. After copying the kernel and initrd to root of the stick Here is my syslinux.cfg
default vmlinuz

append initrd=initrd.gz file=/preseed/custom.seed boot=casper quiet --