Re: [orca-list] Open Office with Orca

Hi Robert:

The OpenOffice team has been very active addressing accessibility issues lately. As a result, the OOo 3.0 releases will get you the latest stuff.

Hope this helps,

Will

Robert Spangler wrote:
Hello all,

Regarding Thunderbird: I got it working - it was indeed the table thing. I had it set only to read the current cell instead of the line. I am composing this email with Thunderbird.

Now - when I go to install Open Office from my distributions repository, it gives me the option of installing the stable 2.4.x version of OO, 3.0 Beta, or 3.0 Devel. As regards accessibility with Orca, which is best? I went ahead and installed the stable one for now, and it seems to work well but figured, as with most other packages, accessibility will be better with the bleeding edge.

Thanks all,
Robby