Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:03 AM
Subject: [orca-list] New and questions

Greetings to all,

I'm new and I am very interested about Ubuntu.  I have been reading the documentation, but I didn't install it yet.  I use Windows.
I have some doubts and questions and I hope someone can clarify some points, please.
1. Is there any website where I can listen to the speech?
You can visit the audio tutorials and hear the speech from digitaldarragh.com

2. I read that mp3 format is not supported. What can I do to transfer files to the pacmate and bookport?
Mp3 is supported, you will just have ot install some pluggins to get it working. For example, if you open movie player it will ask you to search for codecs and install them automatically.

3. Does Ubuntu recognize compact flash cards, jump drives and external hard disks?

Yes it does. You would just plug in your drives and it should recognize them. I've used external drives, but never used any form of flash.

4. I use a DSL modem. Does Ubuntu work with this type of connection?
Although I don'tuse a dsl motem, the connection is supported. See this website for more dtails.

Thank you,

Irena