[orca-list] New and questions

Greetings to all,

I'm new and I am very interested about Ubuntu.  I have been reading the documentation, but I didn't install it yet.  I use Windows.
I have some doubts and questions and I hope someone can clarify some points, please.
1. Is there any website where I can listen to the speech?
2. I read that mp3 format is not supported. What can I do to transfer files to the pacmate and bookport?
3. Does Ubuntu recognize compact flash cards, jump drives and external hard disks?
4. I use a DSL modem. Does Ubuntu work with this type of connection?

Thank you,

Irena