Re: [orca-list] problem with gnome-speech in intrepid?

Hi, I've tried intrepid without success.
Recently I downloaded  a live CD and boot my computer using this CD.
Orca is activated but no speech.

I know that this doesn't help much, sorry.

Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hi all, is there a problem with gnome-speech in intrepid?  I upgraded to
intrepid on a machine that does not have speech-dispatcher installed,
and have no speech. I tried to reinstall orca, but according to a
sighted friend of mine, the orca window is there, but silent. I had him
quit orca, and reload it, and I got an error in the terminal that said
"unable to establish connection with speech." Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,

Guy