Re: [orca-list] Evince

hello hackers.

On 17/08/2008, Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de> wrote:
On 17.08.2008 at 19:19:32 "David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> wrote:

Hi, Steve,

I've used Adobe's acroread with Orca.  It allows me to read documents,
but a lot of internal stuff, like bookmarks, don't work.  For more
information, go here:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/AccessibleApps

2 problems with this approach are.
1, evince is free acrobat reader is not.
2, the former comes installed by default so one needs to install acrobat.
and by the way it is a wrong idea to promote proprietory software on a
free software distro with a free screen reader.
I think the script suggested by herman is a good temperory solution,
but this needs serious attention.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.