Re: [orca-list] Looking for suggestions on how to integrate orca with LaTeX-access scripts

Hello,
Here's my thoughts on how this might work for the user (please note I
haven't used the jaws scripts as I don't use Jaws, and recently I
haven't used Windows for quite a time).

I would imagine that these could be a option which you could turn on or
off for separate applications (IE. be a option in the orca settings
which can also be configured as an application specific setting, it may
also have a hot key). When this setting is enabled, I would imagine it
would stand between the core of orca and both the Braille and speech
outputs, translating anything which appears to be LaTeX. It would be
important to make it an application setting as this behaviour would not
be wanted/needed in certain applications (eg. nautilus).

What would be really good would be if it could automatically enable
itself for situations when a tex file is loaded, unless the settings
specify it shouldn't be used, but I imagine that this would be more of a
project for emacs intergration.

Michael Whapples