[orca-list] Looking for suggestions on how to integrate orca with LaTeX-access scripts

Hi All

As I work with a lot of LaTeX, I wrote some python scripts which take a line of LaTeX as input and output a translation into nemeth braille and english speech; the idea being that one can get a realtime translation whilst editting a document. I currently have these working with jaws under windows but am very keen for orca support and was wondering what the best way would be to write an orca script to accomplish this?

So far, my only idea is to overwrite the Speech and Braille generators for a given application. Is this the best way forward?

I'm a competent python programmer but don't know a great deal about the internals of orca, so any advice will be useful.

Many Thanks

Alastair Irving