From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
To: "Milton" <milton tomaatnet nl>
Cc: "Tom Masterson" <kd7cyu yahoo com>; <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] sysadmin help

Hmm....darn.  I don't know.  :-(  I've gone through the various things
that I'd normally try to resolve this.  The hard part is that I cannot
reproduce this after following the directions at
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin.  Since there are (unfortunately) a
number of steps, and mistakes could happen at each step, it's hard to
debug what might be going wrong on someone else's system.

As a last ditch effort, I've attached an sudoers file that might work
for you.  I'll admit I'm not an sudoers file guru, so I might be
ignorant about the various intricacies of that beast.  The one I've
attached comes from my precious file server, which I generally *never*
touch for any development purposes, but I did so for you.  It works fine
for me, and my precious "DO NOT TOUCH THIS FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES"
file server is Ubuntu 8.04.

If this doesn't work, I'm just not sure how to proceed, except to
request that you painstakingly verify that you accurately followed the
steps at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin.  :-(  Note also that that
site might have some misleading stuff in it by accident, so it might
need correction.  For example, I just noticed someone edited it to add
"<username>" to the env_keep line.  This should not be necessary. The
following line should be all that's needed:

Defaults env_keep+="GTK_MODULES"

Hope this works/helps, because I'm running out of suggestions.  :-(

Will

Milton wrote:
Hello Wil,

Yes, indeed I get after "echo $GTK_MODULES", the result:
"gail:atk-bridge".
But still after "sudo synaptic" orca stops talking.
Milton