Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher only sensing dumby module

Alonzo wrote:
It took a while, but I finally got speech-dispatcher working. I've
installed 0.6.7-rc1, however it's only sensing a dumby module for some
reason.  So I'm not exactly sure what's going on.  It's configured to
use alsa and default synthesizer as espeak. If anyone can help please
advise.

Hi Alonzo,

are you sure you've compiled it with eSpeak support?
You need libespeak-dev or some package like this.
Once again, examine the output of ./configure .

You can see more information about which modules
were loaded at the beginning of speechd.log and
if not, you get a reason for each of them.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke