Re: [orca-list] BrlTty defunct after upgrading Gutsy to Hardy

Hi,

in gutsy:

When i tried to upgrade to brltty 3.9, brltty 3.7.2 didnt
uninstall correctly, i had to undo the modifications to
/etc/init.d/brltty before the package would uninstall. After this brltty
3.9 installed without any problems.

Then a while later i decided to attempt to upgrade to hardy, modifying
/etc/apt/sources.list
and doing an upgrade all worked fine, except that orca didnt ever seem
to talk to the braille display.
Brltty is running, works in terminal mode, the python brlapi bindings
where installed, but still no braille and orca.

I did a update/upgrade cycle every few days, but nothing happend in this
regard.

With all the debate about speech output options, and the various hacks
that needs doing, its currently on a todo-list for a reinstall of good
old gutsy.

So our experiences seem to have coincided.

rest of reply in-body: