[orca-list] OT: The problem with unwanted background processes in Gutsy gets more serious

Hi,
perhaps you remember my reports about background processes starting in
Gutsy at every first system start up.
Since the last 2 or 3 days, it becomes more and more serious and
annoying:
While it used to last about 5 minutes, it takes now about half an hour.
During this time the system slows down and sometimes nearly freezes.
I'm not able to figure out what's going on. I deactivated all services
that may cause this: cron, anacron, tracker and the update notifier.
Additionally I did a virus and rootkit check, negative.
While the procedure was running, I performed a "top" command, which I
piped into a file; I attach it.
Any ideas?
Hermann