Re: [orca-list] braille presentation of links

Your suggestions I think are good, but I have a couple of questions,
which you may be able to answer.

You say about the way to indicate a control, now I am not sure about GTK
(or windows as you were describing it based on outspoken for windows),
but as I understand it in java accessibility, a custom control could be
given its own role so making it a non-standard accessible control. How
might the system you describe support such a possibility? Or does this
not really exist in GTK and so might not be necessary in the main.

How would blinking cursors be, may be different rates for the different
types (IE. mouse could be much slower than actual cursor), although I am
not so sure about mouse cursor in the context of GTK accessibility as
part of the idea is that you shouldn't need the mouse if accessibility
is correct. The other reason I wonder about the mouse cursor and if it
is needed, is that when using a braille display is it needed to know the
mouse cursor, as cursor routing keys could relate to left/right click at
that point.

I agree that the braille system needs a more general look at for
improving output.

Michael Whapples