Re: [orca-list] Installing Ubuntu Hardy Heron with Orca Not Working

am So 27. Apr 2008 um 19:39:20 schrieb Alastair Irving <alastair irving sjc ox ac uk>:
Hi

Maybe the online docs haven't been updated yet.  Luke sent an email to the
list on about Thursday giving instructions which worked well for me.  You
should be able to get his post out of the list archives.

I think the usual install method as described in the Orca wiki should work
as well.
However: I suspect that we cannot use this method any longer, because the
Pulseaudio server is configured to run only for a common user, not with
root privileges.
And: I couldn't manage to start the accissible installer at all. I guess
this is for the same reason: You must have root privileges to install the
system, but the sound server refuses this.
Have tested this extensively on two machines with different settings, among
them
the change of the install language from German to English, no success!
Hermann