Re: [orca-list] orca and alt control tab

Hello,

Scott Rutkowski  wrote:
I tried your suggestion of doing an alt control d to access the desktop
and the alt control tab command still didn't work.
I don't quite understand why this might happen occasionally. I remember it was not working for me in the past but currently it works all the time.
I'm not overly worried about it I just was curious as to why it's not
working.
BTW you may try using alt+ctrl+escape to access the upper pannel at least. I think this has always been working for me.
Also i've read in the wiki that synaptic package manager doesn't work
with orca. is there something else I can use instead of synaptic package
manager?
I am not quite sure but synaptic package manager is one of the administrative tools. There's a page explaining how to run such applications here: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin There may be notes that some parts are still inaccessible if I remember correctly.
I've been using apt-get update and apt-get upgrade to do all upgrades.
is this the best way to go when looking for updates?
I think this is anyway the most convenient method for many blindies even with increasing number of gui applications accessible.

Peter