[orca-list] orca and alt control tab

Hello again.

Just wondering if it's me or orca not working properly.
I have orca running on a dell inspiron 6400 from the live cd and am wondering why alt control tab doesn't seem to give me focus to the bottom taskbar or the icons like the time date or anything?
Should I be using the laptop keyboard layout perhaps for this functionality to work?
when I hit alt control tab i seem to just hear the buttons on the orca main window like preferences quit and whatever else happens to be there.
Does anyone else have this problem running ubuntu on a laptop or is it just me?

Also is there a command to access pulldown menus in applications such as totem movie player?
I know there's the movie menu sound menu edit menu view and help menus but I can only seem to access the menus by using the review keys in orca.
Any assistance on the above would be greatly appreciated.