[orca-list] INSTALLING HARDY

Hello Guys,
I feel I have overlooked some very important postings or discussions because hardy is near from complete and I think I am unable to install it with Orca.
What I did:
1) downloaded and burned yesterday's dayly build.
2) booted into it.
3) hit alft+f2 typed gnome-terminal and pressed enter.
4) into gnome-terminal window typed orca and followed all the instructions
5) after the gnome session has automatically been restarted I did seps 3 and 4 again with the only difference I was runing orca as root by prepending its command with sudo.
6) did a restart of gnome session using ctrl+alt+backspace just to ensure.
7) I am assuming in such a state I can run
sudo orca
and then
sudo ubiquity
and get speech.
But unluckily orca keeps silent after doing this.
If this is all wrong can anybody post a solution which worked for someone? I am afraid the only way to get hardy runing on a new system is by installing gutsy, and then dist-upgrading to hardy atm.

Thanks for any inputs

Peter