[orca-list] problem reading email in evolution

the chap who helps me with linux installed the hardy beta for me.
evolution has been set up for email but the problem is it isn't easy to access the message content. what email package would you suggest if i need to change programs to be able to read email? i tried to post a message on this point a couple of days ago only it din't seem to appear on the list.