Re: [orca-list] Getting Rid of the Capitals

am Mi 09. Apr 2008 um 16:13:42 schrieb Bohdan R. Rau <ethanak polip com>:
[...]
Do you hear "capital" when have set SD so? If so, it must come from Espeak.

It looks like bug in espeak - I posted question to speech-dispatcher
list about three weeks ago, but no answer...

It's no bug, it's wanted. You hear "capital" only when you're typing, and I
think for those who only use speech, it can be important to hear exactly
what they're typing.

Try very old version of espeak (1.25 should work)

I think 1.35 is sufficient. If I remember well, it doesn't announce
capitals.
Hermann