[orca-list] Gnome-Speach vs Speech Dispatcher
- From: Steve Holmes <steve holmesgrown com>
- To: Orca E-mail List <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: [orca-list] Gnome-Speach vs Speech Dispatcher
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 04:46:08 -0700
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I've been messing with Gnome-Speech and Speech Dispatcher where I can
switch between them and compare outcomes. I'll list what I notice
below as list items.
1. I noticed in flat review mode some additional punctuation symbols
get spoken while using gnome-speech where with dispatcher, they do
not. This is while in a gnome terminal and reading mail with mutt; I
refer specifically to the greater symbols in quoted messages.
gnome-speech speaks them.
2. Espeak works greate with both systems.
3. When using Cepstral voices, gnome-speech works better but is still
sluggish; I suppose that might be more to do with swift and not Orca.
But with speech dispatcher, Cepstral swift seems to falter a lot; I
basically don't like using it with dispatcher.
4. I notice with gnome-speech and espeak, frequent breakup -
particularly when disk activity kicks in. I have never noticed this
The best solutions for the best price!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
] [Thread Prev