Re: [orca-list] Save dialog in OOffice Writer

Hi Joannie,
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 03:14:30PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
In the Save dialgo of writer, try pressing tab to move forward out of
the name field.

I can confirm this without Orca running, but it only happens if I use my
distro's Save As dialog (as opposed to the official OpenOffice.org
dialogs).  You can configure this in the Options dialog in Writer (or
any component of OOo).  Choose General (Under OpenOffice.org), then you
can check the "Use OpenOffice.org dialogs" checkbox.
Thanks, I'll try that.

So.... It's not an Orca bug and it's not OOo bug.  Question is, is it a
bug?
Yes, I think it is, because especially if you don't see the dialog and
therefore don't know, what other fields there are, tabbing should work
as expected.
Personally, I've never liked the "you can sometimes Tab
out of this entry and you sometimes can't" behavior.  It is, as you
suggested, confusing.
However, it crops up elsewhere (perhaps it's a
Gtk+ "bug"?).  When it does crop up, my experience is that you can
always move to the next field by pressing Control+Tab.
I'll have a look around to find out, where else this occurs. Hopefully,
I'll find out, against what to file the bug, then.

Cheers, Rudolf