[orca-list] updating orca without internet connection

Greetings all,
I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy on a machine not connected to the internet.  I can use the live CD to get
packages that aren't included by default (i.e. acroread).

Is it possible to download and build orca (along with gail and all the other dependencies) with the live cd
and transfer it to my ubuntu machine?  If so what additional steps would I need beyond those provided on the
orca page?

Thank you:-)