Re: [orca-list] Question with Orca verbosity setting

Dear List!

Jason, you wroted:
"There should be verbosity options for speech and braille which determine whether these keys are presented specially henever the corresponding
menu items have focus.

I can submit this to Bugzilla if others think it would be a helpful addition."

Jason, you sent this verbosity setting bug? Can I help you informations etc? E.g. in speech page in Orca preferences window, all controls have a shorcut key. If you tabbed a new control, Orca now read the control, but not read the control shortcut key automaticaly. E.g.: in hungarian translation of orca, the enable speech checkbox shortcut key is b in hungarian translation. Orca now say "Beszéd engedélyezése jelölőnégyzet bejelölve" (Enable speech checkbox checked in english language) message, and if you press kp_enter key (where am I command), this message modified: enable speech checkbox checked. b. (this is the shortcut key for example) in english language. In braille, i don't know how work where am I command, because I have not have a braille display.

In future version, my idea in speech page: Possible doing a "Enable automatic shortcut say" checkbox? If this checkbox is checked, all important shortcut information was saying automaticaly (similar the where am I command), if not checked, the normal Orca speech message is spoken (enable speech checkbox
checked for  example).

For example with Jaws For Windows screen reader in Windows, this shortcut information is saying automaticaly. When the beginner user migrate in windows to linux, and new with linux using and Orca screen reader use, the enable automatic shortcut say check box is a very helpful method.

For example, my hungarian director is a blind people, he using Windows operating system for Jaws For Windows screen reader. He don't use linux newer. I sayd he, please press capslock+enter key with the where am I command, and shortcut is spoken.

How can I try testing this automatic method or how can try doing?

Thanks,

Attila