Re: [orca-list] Orca with the Skype Public API

John Greer writes ("[orca-list] Orca with the Skype Public API"):
Hello, I was wondering if there were any plans to get Orca to work with
Skype for Linux.  I do know this has been done many times over on the
Windows platform by tapping into the Skype API and using text to speech
to read its messaging system.
just a shame I haven't seen anything like this for Linux.

There actually is something like this for Linux:

http://vmiklos.hu/project/bitlbee-skype/

I needed some sighted help to get started with it. Once setup, it
allows you to remotely control the most important skype features from
any IRC client, e.g. pidgin. The features I tried myself are text chatting
and making and answering skype voice calls.

Best regards, Lukas