Re: [orca-list] Live CDS and MP3's

Hi ANN:

Don't be afraid to install it!, that's the only way to learn more and more.

About the sound server problems:

First of all, you have to check if you have alsa installed. Installing it should solve that problem, but you will have to install it each time you boot with your live CD, remember that it installs everything in the RAM Memory.

And about the codecs problems, I use Debian so i can give you the exact solution to this, but i have some friends that use Ubuntu and they had the same problem with the mp3 files and they fixed it installing a package. Try installing w32codecs (I don't know if it exist in the Ubuntu repositories, i know that it exist in the debian-multimedia repository).

I hope this help

Good Luck