Re: [orca-list] Speech dispatcher in Russian language through espeak.

"SVF" == Sergei V Fleytin <fleytin yandex ru> writes:

    SVF> Hello, list. Probably this question should be asked on a
    SVF> speech-dispatcher's mailing list, but I am not subscribed to it
    SVF> yet. I am very much frustrated with the current state of
    SVF> gnome-speech and espeak combination used by orca.
    SVF> Speech-dispatcher seems to solve many issues, however, I can
    SVF> not get it to speak Russian. In the latest version I even
    SVF> noticed the appropriate lines for making this to work in sd's
    SVF> configuration, but after uncommenting them nothing changed. SD
    SVF> just ignores any Russian texts. Perhaps it can not deal with 8
    SVF> bit characters at all. If I am wrong, please, correct me and
    SVF> tell me what can I do to make SD speak Russian through espeak.
Hello,

I tried orca and speechd-el with espeak module and Russian language and
it works. Can you describe more detail about your SD configuration?
Please use espeak not espeak-generic.

The other possibility is use festival speech synthesiser. Here is page
about Russian on festival:

http://festlang.berlios.de/docu/doku.php?id=russianru

Best

--