[orca-list] Speech cutting out when I launch Orca preferences dialogue

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help with a rather annoying problem I'm having with Orca 2.20 on Opensuse 10.3. Orca starts up fine, but the speech cuts out as soon as I launch the Preferences dialogue with insert+space. Incidentally, it also cuts out when I launch applications such as Open Office Writer, the Yast software install application and so on. I'm using the Festival synthesizer if that helps. I'm not a developer and the version of Orca I'm using is the latest stable version which came with Opensuse 10.3. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

John Robinson

___________________________________________________________ Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html