Re: [orca-list] Sight Village Project

Hi all,

From: Peter Korn <Peter Korn Sun COM>

I don't know of any UNIX software to print directly to Braille printer.
Hopefully it exists and someone will speak up...  However, once you have

just a quick note (I'm in the middle of a proposal): there is some software from Viewplus in Oregon (www.viewplus.com) that can print from Linux (don't know about Solaris, ...) to their braille printer Tiger. It even manages pictures. To be more precise, it is a library of some sorts and some programs to print text or graphics (not mixed, unfortunately). I'm one of the very few (or perhaps the only one?) beta tester except Viewplus itself and the person who wrote this. I'm under a NDA so I can't give you more details, but I could get you in contact with either Viewplus or the programmer. The software is more then two years old, though.

Best,

Michael
--
 Dipl.-Phys. Michael Zacherle    zacherle szs uni-karlsruhe de
 Studienzentrum für Sehgeschädigte       Tel: +49-721-608.6951